Adrienne has set to work on the backyard! "After I'm done, I'm going to join an angry mob & storm a castle!" Debris! A stack of paving stones that had been scattered throughout the yard. Bundle of ivy that had been all over the fence, pulling it down. She tied it together with...ivy! Fence that had been plagued by aforementioned beautiful, yet destructive ivy. The ivy was trying to strangle this poor bush! It's so pulled-down & pulled-over from the ivy, that you can see light from the neighbor's yard underneath the fence. She found this hoe in the Haunted Garden Shed. Buy 1 House, Get 1 Hoe Free! It took no time at all fill a whole garden debris bag! Ingenious method for opening the next bag. Look! I'm helping!
Hello Mars fans! I am here, guest blogger #1, to serve you, loyal readers. I am here at the behest of our mutual friend Bob the Builder, a.k.a Doozer, a.k.a. Oscar the Grouch, who has asked me to keep you well informed of all the goings on here on Mars while she is back east. The story of this week was waiting. Waiting and waiting around. Tuesday I waited around for 3 folks we hired for a couple hours to carry heavy things. We actually couldn't figure any better way to get the heaviest stove ever created up into the house. 2 of 3 men showed up so I ended up gloving up and helping lug that gigantic beast up our stairs and into the house. It was touch & go for a bit, but we got it in. Here it is - stripped of anything we could get out or off of it to make it lighter. We'll soon move it back and into that left corner, but we needed access for the repairs and to move the wall mounted heat shield up a wee bit. On Wednesday I waited around for a man that does rebuilding and repai...
Mr. Bunkport sent some guys over to do a little work this week. First, they scrubbed the concrete floor clean of all the construction junk that has accumulated over the past months: Second, they brought in a custom fabricated bathroom cabinet, made from an old pallet. Here it is with the concrete counter on top, and the sink: It comes complete with the carpenter's drawing taped inside: The height needs to be adjusted, the surface sealed, and a backsplash poured, but this is pretty much what it's going to look like. As for me, I spent a couple hours on Saturday cleaning and organizing the garage, getting everything out of the storage lump I mentioned last week, and into some semblance of order. Also, I realized that the 4-inch-deep space on the left of the fence/wall at the bottom of the outside stairs (the project I started last week) would make a great hidden storage cabinet for garden tools and plant food boxes, so I got the hardware for that. This is the space I mean: I spen...
That's a good lookin' table.
ReplyDelete