Adrienne has set to work on the backyard! "After I'm done, I'm going to join an angry mob & storm a castle!" Debris! A stack of paving stones that had been scattered throughout the yard. Bundle of ivy that had been all over the fence, pulling it down. She tied it together with...ivy! Fence that had been plagued by aforementioned beautiful, yet destructive ivy. The ivy was trying to strangle this poor bush! It's so pulled-down & pulled-over from the ivy, that you can see light from the neighbor's yard underneath the fence. She found this hoe in the Haunted Garden Shed. Buy 1 House, Get 1 Hoe Free! It took no time at all fill a whole garden debris bag! Ingenious method for opening the next bag. Look! I'm helping!
This week, we discovered that the mice are back! We spent Sunday patching mouse holes and cleaning up after the mouse party. Pickles was no help in any of the mouse endeavors, & completely failed to detect that they were back. In fact, it's clear they have been back for a while, this time invading through AJ's office. I see that she was busted back down to Private in October for dereliction of duty, so I'm not sure what to do. Admiral AJ suggested that she should be kicked out of the Rodent Roundup entirely, but that seems harsh to me. Maybe we'll just put her on potato peeling duty for a while. I also had to find a way to stake the favas this weekend, despite the fact that I can't seem to make myself go to the store to get bamboo stakes. The spring wind had knocked down one of the plants, which are now three feet high, so I had to just make something work (AJ suggests you click to make this bigger..."you really have to see it to believe it," she say...
Just a little bit of gardening this week. Weeding, thinning, and harvesting a big bowl of spinach and some beet seedlings: Also, took the rosemary branches and made them into more of a fence: The favas are now about a foot high, and the peas are about three feet high. Happy little plants! Next up: some modifications to the screen cage (which is working great -- the spinach & beets are leafminer-free), staking the favas before the wind breaks them, and maybe returning to the outdoor bamboo mural. Also, the 2015 Lyon-Martin Health Services "30 Days of Health" fundraising event has begun! As much as I would like to do another project with Pickles, as I did in 2014 & 2013 , things are just too busy right now for daily dog blogging. So, I'm doing a lower key, but also valuable project: daily strength and flexibility training to improve my posture and nip some lower back pain in the bud. Please consider supporting my project and the critical services that Lyon-Martin p...
Nom nom nom.
ReplyDelete